Street Maintenance Advisory – Various roads, including Tomahawk and Goldfield Roads
Chip seal street preservation maintenance is scheduled for the locations below this week between the hours 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. Intermittent stoppage of traffic is expected during these projects. Drivers are encouraged to take extra time, drive slowly through the work areas due to loose rock, large maintenance equipment and trucks, as well as watching for the safety of street workers. Questions related to these projects should be directed to (480) 982-1055.
- April 10: Tomahawk Road, from Southern Avenue to Old West Highway
- April 12: Goldfield Road, from Old West Highway to Broadway Avenue
- April 10-13:
- Foothill Street, Meridian Drive to Ironwood Drive
- Shiprock Street, Gold Drive to Plaza Drive
- Warner Drive, Tepee Street to Foothill Street
- 12th Avenue, Tomahawk Road to Cortez Road
- Acacia Road, Superstition Blvd. to Tepee Street
- Wickiup Road, Broadway Avenue to 4th Avenue
- Hilton Road, Tepee Street to Foothill Street
- Smoketree Street, west of Starr Road
- Roosevelt Street, east and west of Cactus Road
- 22nd Avenue, Vaquero Road to Hilton Road
Idaho Road Improvement Project
The Arizona Department of Transportation will be doing a pedestrian improvement project on Idaho Road from Superstition Boulevard to McKellips Boulevard this year.
Long Range Transportation Plan
The Arizona Department of Transportation will host a virtual meeting on Thursday, March 9 to provide information and seek the public's feedback on transportation priorities for the 2050 Long Range Transportation Plan – the statewide plan that provides a blueprint and vision for the state’s future transportation system over the next 25 years.
Register to join the virtual meeting by following this link.
Thursday, March 9, 2023
To learn more about the plan visit www.adot2050plan.com.
The public’s input will be used, along with data about anticipating funding sources and future system needs, to develop the LRTP recommendations. If you're unable to attend the virtual meeting, a recording will be available on the study website. Registration to participate in the live and interactive Telephone Town Hall meeting on Wednesday, March 22 at 6 p.m. is available here.
Just west of the city, be aware that the Arizona Department of Transportation is in the process of repaving US 60 through Mesa. That project will go for several months and will include intermittent closures of sections of the freeway on weekends. Get updates here...https://azdot.gov/projects/central-district-projects/us-60-superstition-freeway-loop-101-loop-202-pavement
Construction and lane restrictions on Ironwood Drive
- Northbound Ironwood traffic has been reduced to one lane from the Ray Road to Elliot Road alignment. Traffic control will be in place from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day for crews to remove asphalt and place temporary asphalt on the east side of the Ironwood (northbound lanes) to accommodate traffic for upcoming work. Southbound traffic is not be affected.
- Ironwood traffic has been reduced to one lane in each direction, now at 25 mph, from McCormick Road (former racetrack entry) to where the flood control channel crosses Ironwood. Traffic control will remain in place even during non-work hours to protect the work zone.
- Initial work will take place as DCS Contracting crews install sewer pipeline across Ironwood Road at the Ray Road alignment through mid to late December, with traffic shifted as needed to accommodate the work.
- Scheduled to begin in mid to late December, Garney Construction crews will begin installing water pipelines in the west side (southbound lanes) of Ironwood Road, from the Ray Road alignment north.
- Following the waterline work, DCS Contracting crews will work to widen Ironwood Road as part of the future development off-site improvements.
- Lane reductions in Ironwood Road are expected to remain in place through the end of 2023.
For more information on the project and updates, please visit https://www.superstitionvistasutilities.com/ or call (480) 898-4100.
State Route 88
Northeast of Apache Junction, the Arizona Department of Transportation has reopened a 1.7-mile section of State Route 88 at the Apache Vista gate (milepost 229) to provide access to Reavis Trailhead Road/Forest Road 212. Details here... https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/AZDOT/bulletins/3333777