Construction and lane restrictions on Ironwood Drive
- Northbound Ironwood traffic has been reduced to one lane from the Ray Road to Elliot Road alignment. Traffic control will be in place from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day for crews to remove asphalt and place temporary asphalt on the east side of the Ironwood (northbound lanes) to accommodate traffic for upcoming work. Southbound traffic is not be affected.
- Ironwood traffic has been reduced to one lane in each direction, now at 25 mph, from McCormick Road (former racetrack entry) to where the flood control channel crosses Ironwood. Traffic control will remain in place even during non-work hours to protect the work zone.
- Initial work will take place as DCS Contracting crews install sewer pipeline across Ironwood Road at the Ray Road alignment through mid to late December, with traffic shifted as needed to accommodate the work.
- Scheduled to begin in mid to late December, Garney Construction crews will begin installing water pipelines in the west side (southbound lanes) of Ironwood Road, from the Ray Road alignment north.
- Following the waterline work, DCS Contracting crews will work to widen Ironwood Road as part of the future development off-site improvements.
- Lane reductions in Ironwood Road are expected to remain in place through the end of 2023.
For more information on the project and updates, please visit https://www.superstitionvistasutilities.com/ or call (480) 898-4100.
Repaving Schedule for December
The repaving of the residential streets listed below are planned for the dates shown. Work will entail the installation of a new asphalt surface and will occur during the business day hours only - approximately 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. This work does not include any full road closures. Temporary restrictions to driveway accesses and on-street parking can be expected. Advance notice signage will be installed at locations within the affected areas a week prior. Individual project informational flyers will be distributed to affected property owners at least 48 hours in advance with more detailed information of the work and restrictions with parking. Any questions related to the project should be directed to the Public Works Department at 480-982-1055.
Rennick Drive; Apache Trail to Superstition Boulevard
Thunderbird Drive; Apache Trail to Superstition Boulevard
Valley Drive; Apache Trail to Superstition Boulevard
Virginia Street; Valley Drive to San Marcos Drive
Cactus Wren Street; Gold Drive to Valley Drive
Roosevelt Street; Ironwood Drive to Rennick Drive
Main Drive; Superstition Boulevard to Roundup Street
Ocotillo Drive; Superstition Boulevard to Greasewood Street
Grand Drive; Superstition Boulevard to Greasewood Street
Greasewood Street; Grand Drive to Main Drive
Hale Drive; 16th Avenue to 12th Avenue
Desert View Place; 16th Avenue to 12th Avenue
Lawson Drive; 16th Avenue to north dead end
Lawson Drive; 16th Avenue to south dead end
Lost Dutchman Boulevard, Ironwood Drive to Tomahawk Road
Lost Dutchman Boulevard from Ironwood Drive to Tomahawk Road will be repaved and bike lanes added during a project through Dec. 2. The work will result in the full closure of Lost Dutchman, including its intersection with Idaho Road. Local access off Lost Dutchman will be maintained from San Marcos Drive and Valley Drive. Access to Prospector Park will be from McKellips Road. Watch for detour messages recommending the use of Ironwood and Tomahawk to access areas north and south of the construction area and Superstition Boulevard for areas east and west. All construction will be conducted during daylight hours for the safety of construction workers and traveling public. Any questions related to this project should be directed to (480) 982-1055.
Superstition Boulevard and Ironwood Drive
Arizona Water Company will be installing a water line to service the development on Superstition and Ironwood. Outside lanes in both directions on Superstition between Ironwood and Valley will be closed, allowing for a single lane in each direction to remain open. Work is expected to continue through November.
State Route 88
Northeast of Apache Junction, the Arizona Department of Transportation has reopened a 1.7-mile section of State Route 88 at the Apache Vista gate (milepost 229) to provide access to Reavis Trailhead Road/Forest Road 212. Details here... https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/AZDOT/bulletins/3333777