The Arizona Department of Liquor License and Control issues liquor licenses.
- Any person who plans to sell liquor in Arizona must apply for a liquor license at the Arizona Department of Liquor License Control. Contact Arizona Department of Liquor License & Control for applications and additional information. They can be reached by phone at 602-542-5707. The Arizona Department of Liquor License & Control will mail the completed application to the City of Apache Junction for review and recommendation.
The City Council’s role in the liquor license application process is a recommendation to the Arizona Department of Liquor License & Control.
- The city charges a $50 non-refundable application fee.
- The application packet is forwarded to the police department, the fire district, the building division and the zoning division for review and recommendation to the City Council.
- The liquor license public hearing notice will be posted at the business applying for the liquor license for 20 days prior to the public hearing.
- The City Council holds a public hearing on each application and recommends approval or denial to the Arizona Department of Liquor License & Control and they make the final determination.
- Initial and renewal City of Apache Junction liquor license fees/permits can be viewed here.