Rental & Senior Living Resources


The city of Apache Junction does not provide housing or financial assistance for rent. The information contained below will assist you with finding a rental and paying for it.

Section 8 & Rental Assistance

The Pinal County Housing Authority administers the Section 8 Program throughout Pinal County. For further information, contact Pinal County Housing at (520) 866-7201 or visit their website.

For statewide Section 8 information and a list of subsidized housing, visit the Arizona Department of Housing's website to locate a Housing Authority.

The Arizona Department of Housing also offers assistance to locate rental properties throughout Arizona which are set aside for low income residents at a reduced rent, visit the Arizona Department of Housing for more information.

Online search engines are available to assist with the rental search, try,AZ,

If you are having trouble paying your rent, CAHRA offers some temporary financial assistance. Contact them at (520) 466-1112.

Eviction Assistance

If you are facing eviction, please visit the Arizona Department of Housing's website for information and help.

More and more we are seeing that renters are paying their rent, yet their landlord does not pay the mortgage. The unit goes into foreclosure leaving you unknowingly without a home. There is some information and help on the way.

The Protecting Tenants at Foreclosure Act (PTFA), P. L. 111-22, was signed by President Obama on May 20, 2009. The Act provides significant new protections for tenants in foreclosed properties, including a 90-day notice requirement and the right to remain for the term of the lease in most cases. Specifically, the PTFA requires that the immediate successor in interest at foreclosure (1) Provide bona fide tenants with 90 days notice prior to eviction, and (2) Allow bona fide tenants with leases entered into prior to the foreclosure sale to occupy the property until the end of the lease term. (The lease can be terminated on 90 days notice if the unit is sold to a purchaser who will occupy the property.) In the case of an owner who is an immediate successor in interest to a property occupied by a tenant with a section 8 voucher, the owner takes the property subject to both the section 8 lease and the housing assistance payment contract, except in the case where the owner will occupy the unit as a primary residence.

Senior Living

Apache Junction has a variety of available senior housing. Some senior housing is located within single family homes and others may be in an apartment atmosphere.

Some locations, either assisted or independent living, include:
  • Horizon Bay - Ph: (480) 983-5047
  • Aurora House - Ph: (480) 288-1791
  • Beehive Assisted Living - Ph: (480) 288-2400
Check on-line at:   For senior services you can:

Utility & Emergency Assistance

If you are facing shut off of a necessary utility, are unable to pay your utility bill or rent, there may be some help. Local non-profits are available to assist you with this service if funding is available and if you meet their eligibility criteria. For help contact:
  • Project Help - Ph: (480) 288-2955
  • The Salvation Army - Ph: (480) 982-4110
  • CAHRA - Ph: (877) 472-2472
If you are in need of a bed for your child or a kitchen table, there is a resource available. Bridging AZ Furniture Bank is a non-profit that assists persons in need with essential household items. Contact them at (480) 833-3997 to see how they can help you.

Landlord & Tenant Act

Renter's have rights under the law. Click here for information on the Residential Landlord and Tenant Act. Additionally, there are specific laws for renters within mobile home parks, including those that own their home but lease the land.

Additional resources:
  • Southern Arizona Legal Aid - Ph: (520) 316-8076 (Casa Grande)
  • Arizona Attorney General's Office - Ph: (602) 542-5263
  • Arizona Center for Disability Law - Ph: (800) 922-1447
  • U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) - Ph: (800) 347-3739
  • Arizona Department of Housing - Ph: (602) 771-1000

Relocation Fund

If a mobile home park is being closed or if the lot rent has increased to the point where a current renter is unable to afford to remain in the park, there is financial assistance available through the State of Arizona.

This program offers financial assistance to rehabilitate mobile homes to a standard which makes them safe for transport to another park and brings them up to code. If the homeowner decides they would rather abandon the home, there is financial assistance to demolish and remove the home from the park. Additionally, the dislocated renter may seek assistance to find suitable living arrangements.

Program information can be found at the Arizona Department of Housing's website.