Purchasing is a division of the City's Finance Department. We strive to provide our departments with the resources needed to perform their jobs while maximizing the purchasing value of public funds by acquiring quality materials and services in a timely and cost effective manner, all while maintaining an open, fair and competitive bidding environment.
No purchase $5,000 or more shall be made without a properly authorized purchase order.
The Purchasing division ensures that all City policies and procedures are followed by issuing and maintaining all purchase orders, assisting with formal solicitations and meeting with vendors.
- Accountability - Take ownership and being liable to stakeholders for our actions, essential to preserve the public trust and protect the public interest.
- Ethics - Acting in a manner true to these values, which is essential to preserve the public's trust.
- Impartiality - Unbiased decision-making and action, which is essential to ensure fairness for the public good.
- Professionalism - Upholding high standards of job performance and ethical behavior.
- Teamwork - Working together to solve problems, share knowledge and expertise.
- Service - Obligation to assist stakeholders, essential to support the public good.
The City of Apache Junction invites and welcomes people of all abilities to use its programs, sites and facilities. Any question about City programs, sites and facilities for people with disabilities should be directed to the ADA Coordinator at (480) 982-1055, TDD (480) 983-0095, or by emailing the coordinator directly. Additional information may be found at the City of Apache Junction's ADA web page.