New Development in Apache Junction
New and current developments in Apache Junction can be found on the City of Apache Junction's GIS Development map.
Planning & Zoning Division
Currently seeking Request for Proposals (RFP) to update the Zoning Ordinance. Click here for more information. To view the websites where the RFP has been advertised (for reference purposes only), click here To view a reference copy of the RFP, click here
Planning and Zoning applications are accepted online at MyGovernmentOnline.org. More information regarding this online service can be answered by planning staff by either phone or email.
Planning and Zoning Division staff can be reached at (480) 474-5083 or by emailing email@example.com. You may be required to leave a message when contacting us by phone. Please include your name, property location, email address and any other pertinent information. Your call will be returned as soon as possible, and we appreciate your patience. We encourage those needing assistance to contact the office before arrival.
Building Safety and Inspection Division
Building permit applications are accepted online at MyGovernmentOnline.org. Click here for more information. Currently, our review times are four to six weeks.
For questions regarding building permits and inspections, please contact the Building Division at (480) 474-5156 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may also visit the Building Division webpage by clicking here: Building Division.
Building Inspections - At this time, building inspections are occurring as normal. Inspections need to be scheduled by calling (480) 474-5101. Please remember to provide a call back number.
The Development Services Department endeavors to provide equitable, courteous, timely, consistent quality service resulting in opportunities for economic and community development, planning for future growth, improving the image of the community and ensuring building safety.
- The City of Apache Junction has adopted new administrative provisions and the 2018 International Codes. These new provisions can be found in Ordinance 1475 passed June 18, 2019.
- The City participates in both HOME and CDBG (Community Development Block Grant) Programs offered through the Arizona Department of Housing.
- Development Services is updating policies and procedures to increase service levels and responsiveness to citizen requests for assistance.
- Planning and Zoning - second and fourth Tuesdays at 7 pm in City Council Chambers
- Board of Adjustment - second Monday at 7 pm in City Council Chambers
- Public Art Commission - second Monday at 5:30 pm in City Council Chambers
The City of Apache Junction invites and welcomes people of all abilities to use its programs, sites and facilities. Any question about City programs, sites and facilities for people with disabilities should be directed to the ADA Coordinator at (480) 982-1055, TDD (480) 983-0095, or by emailing the coordinator directly. Additional information may be found at the City of Apache Junction's ADA web page.