Ironwood Road Restrictions:
Construction and Lane Restrictions begin October 31st for work on Ironwood Road
- Scheduled for October 31-November 4, 2022, northbound Ironwood Road traffic will be reduced to one lane from Ray Road to Elliot Road alignment. Traffic control will be in place from 8 am to 4 pm each day for crews to mill (remove) asphalt and place temporary asphalt on the east side of Ironwood Road (northbound lanes) to accommodate traffic for upcoming work. Southbound traffic should not be affected.
- Scheduled to begin on November 7, 2022, Ironwood Road traffic will be reduced to one lane in each direction, reduced to 25 mph, from McCormick Road (former racetrack entry) to the floodway. Traffic control will remain in place even during non-work hours to protect the work zone.
- Initial work will take place as DCS Contracting crews install sewer pipelines across Ironwood Road at the Ray Road alignment through mid to late December, with traffic shifted as needed to accommodate the work.
- Scheduled to begin in mid to late December, Garney Construction crews will begin installing water pipelines on the west side (southbound lanes) of Ironwood Road, from the Ray Road alignment north.
- Following the waterline work, DCS Contracting crews will work to widen Ironwood Road as part of the future development off-site improvements.
- Lane reductions on Ironwood Road are expected to remain in place through the end of 2023.
Project information contact: 480-898-4100
Maricopa County will be performing street maintenance on Meridian Rd from Lost Dutchman Blvd to McDowell Rd. The project is scheduled for a double chip seal beginning September 18th through September 21st. The project will be performed during daytime hours and citizens can expect periodic delays.
The city's contractor will be conducting street median improvements to West Apache Trail from September 25th to November 7, 2023. Work will result in the periodic closures of the inside lanes on Apache Trail both east and west bound from Ocotillo Drive to Gold Drive during this time.
Projects are subject to change due to weather or equipment breakdowns.
Any questions please contact Public Works at 480-982-1055.