- Public Works
- Current Projects
Ironwood Road Restrictions:
Construction and Lane Restrictions begin October 31st for work on Ironwood Road
- Scheduled for October 31-November 4, 2022, northbound Ironwood Road traffic will be reduced to one lane from Ray Road to Elliot Road alignment. Traffic control will be in place from 8 am to 4 pm each day for crews to mill (remove) asphalt and place temporary asphalt on the east side of Ironwood Road (northbound lanes) to accommodate traffic for upcoming work. Southbound traffic should not be affected.
- Scheduled to begin on November 7, 2022, Ironwood Road traffic will be reduced to one lane in each direction, reduced to 25 mph, from McCormick Road (former racetrack entry) to the floodway. Traffic control will remain in place even during non-work hours to protect the work zone.
- Initial work will take place as DCS Contracting crews install sewer pipelines across Ironwood Road at the Ray Road alignment through mid to late December, with traffic shifted as needed to accommodate the work.
- Scheduled to begin in mid to late December, Garney Construction crews will begin installing water pipelines on the west side (southbound lanes) of Ironwood Road, from the Ray Road alignment north.
- Following the waterline work, DCS Contracting crews will work to widen Ironwood Road as part of the future development off-site improvements.
- Lane reductions on Ironwood Road are expected to remain in place through the end of 2023.
Project information contact: 480-898-4100
Street Lane Closure Advisory
Delaware Dr and Apache Trail
The city's contractor will be conducting street pavement repairs on Delaware Dr just south of Apache Trail on March 17, 2023 from 7am to 4pm. This is not a full road closure, however, left turn movements from both northbound and southbound on Delaware onto Apache Trail will be restricted during this time. Lane closures and restrictions are planned to last only one day.
The date is subject to change due to weather or equipment breakdowns.
Any questions, please contact Public Works at 480-982-1055.
Street Lane Closure Advisory
Delaware Dr, Southern Ave, Clayton and Superstition Estates Subdivisions
The city's contractor will be conducting street pavement preservation for the below locations beginning March 20th to April 3, 2023 from 7 am to 5pm each day, except Saturdays and Sundays. This work does not include any full road closures. Work will result in lane closures, parking restrictions and intermittent disruption to side streets and driveways. Individual flyers with more detailed information on street restrictions and parking will be distributed to residents/businesses for their impacted street.
March 20-21st: Southern Ave from Ironwood Dr to Apache Dr
March 20-22nd: Delaware Dr from Broadway Ave to Apache Trail
March 22-24th: Clayton Subdivision (north of Apache Trail, south of Superstition Blvd, east of Delaware DR and west of Ironwood Dr)
March 27-April 3rd: Superstition Estates subdivision (north of Southern Ave, south of 16th Ave, east of San Marcos Dr and west of Idaho Rd)
These dates and timeframes are subject to change due to weather or equipment breakdowns.
Any questions please contact Public Works at 480-982-1055.