- Police Department
- Volunteer & Career Opportunities
- Police Cadet Program
Police Cadet Program
About Our Police Cadets
AJPD Police Cadets is a law enforcement apprenticeship program that offers training and varied work assignments to persons between the ages of 14 and 20. The Cadets program provides qualified men and women with a chance to experience the challenges and personal rewards of a police career.
Upon completion of a cadet program, with additional testing, some cadets will apply for the position of a police officer.
To become a Police Cadet, you must:
- Be 14-20 years old
- Successfully complete a background investigation
- Have no felony convictions
- Have no misdemeanor convictions within the past two years
- Have not used marijuana
- Have not used illegal, dangerous drugs
- Be in good standing at school
Our program develops young leaders and not only provides skills they can use if they wish to pursue a career in law enforcement, but they can use them in other career paths.
Recently one of our own, Jorge, not only returned from graduating Basic training and AIT but was the Honor Graduate. Now he is in the AZ National Guard as a Military Police officer. He continues to dedicate his time to the AJ Cadets, as well as serving his country.
Skill & Character Developing
Cadets receive training and may work on varying assignments including:
- Accident Scene Procedures
- Building Searches
- Community policing
- Defensive tactics
- National events & competitions
- Recruitment and training
- Traffic stops
You will DEVELOP:
- Leadership skills
- Law Enforcement Protocols
- New personal skills
- Networking with law enforcement & federal agencies
- Teamworking skills
Interested in joining the AJPD Police Cadets?
If you're interested in participating or learning more about the AJPD Police Cadet program, please contact:
Officer Monique Arellano